You are here
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) invites you to attend the Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium in Shreveport, Louisiana.
The USPTO, U.S. Senator Mary L. Landrieu (D-La.) and Cedric B. Glover, Mayor of the city of Shreveport, Louisiana are co-sponsoring the Second Annual USPTO Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium. The symposium will focus on women entrepreneurs and the vital importance of intellectual property (IP) protection to the success of innovative businesses.
To Register, go to http://www.invent.org/events/wes
The symposium will provide a unique opportunity for attendees to learn specifically about the value of patents and trademarks, federal and local resources available to help entrepreneurs start or grow a business, strategies to leverage IP assets, driving business growth by leveraging business relationships, and much much more. In addition, the symposium will include networking opportunities with experts in the IP and the small business growth and development fields, from both government and the private sector, which will help attendees gain insight into all facets of the business cycle.
The following individuals are scheduled to address attendees to share their wealth of information and experience:
- U.S. Senator Mary L. Landrieu (D-La.), Chairwoman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- David Kappos, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Teresa Stanek Rea, Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Deputy Director of the USPTO
- Margaret (Peggy) Focarino, Commissioner for Patents, USPTO
- Lesia Farmer, independent inventor
- Lisa Price, founder of Carol’s Daughter® and a successful entrepreneur
- Renee Quinn, The Social Media Diva™, Social Media and Online Marketing Consultant
For more information, please go to http://www.uspto.gov/inventors/wes_main.jsp